News/ Previous Post Related:
- On October 26, 2012 Treasure Island, California were without water service for 12 hour and then required to boil drinking water until Monday, October 29 when the boiling notice was lifted. It appears that a water main ruptured, the cause was aging. The 18in cast iron water main was likely an original pipe part of the infrastructure built in the 1930’s when the U.S. Navy inhabited the island.
- New York City, Long Island Impose gas rationing system to curb long lines at gas stations. Drivers with license-plate numbers ending in an odd number to get gas on odd days and even license plates numbers to get gas on even days. License plates ending in letters are considered an odd number.
- Laos approves a mega dam on the Mekong river. One of 14 new dams proposed for the Mekong river.
- Four teenage girls in Africa have invented a generator powered by pee. Urine is put into an electrolytic cell, which cracks the urea into nitrogen, water, and hydrogen. The hydrogen goes into a water filter for purification, which then gets pushed into the gas cylinder. The gas cylinder pushes hydrogen into a cylinder of liquid borax, which is used to remove the moisture from the hydrogen gas. This purified hydrogen gas is pushed into the generator.
- An adult’s body is roughly made up of 70% water. At birth, water accounts for approximately 80% of an infant’s body weight.
- Water Intoxication: Drinking too much water too quickly can lead to water intoxication. Water intoxication occurs when water dilutes the sodium level in the bloodstream and causes an imbalance of water in the brain
- The United States uses about 346,000 million gallons of fresh water every day. The United States uses nearly 80 percent of its water for irrigation and thermoelectric power.
- Consumption in the United States: “8.6 billion gallons of bottled water.” There are approximately 300 million people in the U.S., so it works out to about 29 gallons per person per year.
- Approximately 85 percent of U.S. residents receive their water from public water facilities. The remaining 15 percent supply their water from private wells or other sources.
- Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is mild dehydration.
- There are more than 2100 known drinking water contaminants that may be present in tap water, including several known poisons.
- According to the EPA, lead in drinking water contributes to 480,000 cases of learning disorders in children each year in the United States alone.
- Tap water often contains at least as much, if not more, chlorine than is recommended for use in swimming pools.
- More chlorine enters the body through dermal absorption and inhalation while showering than through drinking tap water
- Chlorine is a suspected cause of breast cancer. Women suffering from breast cancer are all found to have 50-60% more chlorine in their breast tissue than healthy women.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as 3%.
- Drinking five glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast
cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
- A rat can last longer without water than a camel.
- The price of bottled water is up to 10,000 times the cost of tap water.
- Americans spend $4 billion per year on bottled water.